No Clean Solder Paste
- Broad Printing Process Window - Low-Tombstoning - No Head-in-Pillow
- Clear Pin–Probe Testable Residue - 24 Hour Stencil Life - 12-14 Hour Tack Time
- Reduces Voiding Under Micro-BGAs - Low Solder Beading - General Metal Load 88.5%
NC257-2 has been developed to offer extremely broad process windows for printing, wetting and pin-probe testing. The superior wetting ability of NC257-2 results in bright, smooth and shiny solder joints, and it has been specifically formulated to lower solder beading. It also offers very low post process residues, which remain crystal clear and easily probed even at the elevated temperatures required for today’s lead-free alloys. This solder paste offers a chemistry developed for use in air reflow, as well as providing slump and humidity tolerances to extend the useable life in facilities where environmental control is not at its optimum.
- Apply sufficient paste to the stencil to allow a smooth, even roll during the print cycle (a bead diameter of 12 to 16 mm (? to ?inch) is normally sufficient to begin).
- Apply small amounts of fresh solder paste to the stencil at controlled intervals to maintain paste chemistry and workable properties.
- NC257-2 provides the necessary tack time and force for today’s high speed placement equipment, which will enhance product performance and reliability.
- Cleaning of your stencil will vary by application; however, it can be accomplished using AIM 200AX-10 stencil cleaner.
Oven efficiency, board size/mass, component type and density all influence the final profile for a given assembly. This profile is a starting point, and processing boards with thermal-couples attached is recommended to optimize the process.
THE RECOMMENDED REFLOW PROFILE FOR NC257-2 IS PROVIDED AS A GUIDELINE. OPTIMAL PROFILE MAY DIFFER DUE TO OVEN TYPE, ASSEMBLY LAYOUT, OR OTHER PROCESS VARIABLES. CONTACT AIM TECHNICAL SUPPORT IF YOU REQUIRE ADDITIONAL PROFILING ASSISTANCE.
- AIM Lead-Free Electropure Solder Bar - Glowcore No-Clean Cored Wire
- NC Paste Flux, No-Clean Tacky Flux - One-Step Underfill FF35
- NC270WR VOC-Free No-Clean Spray Flux - Epoxy 4044 Chip Bonding Epoxy
- NC264-5 No-Clean Flux Spray/Foam - 200AX Stencil Cleaner
- NC257-2 can be cleaned if necessary with saponified water or an appropriate solvent cleaner.
- Please refer to the AIM cleaner matrix for a list of compatible cleaning materials.
Handling and Storage:
- NC257-2 has a refrigerated shelf life of 6 months at 4°C (40°F) to 12°C (55°F).
- Allow the solder paste to warm up completely and naturally to ambient temperature (8 hrs.) prior to breaking the seal for use.
- Mix the product lightly and thoroughly (1-2 mins. max) to ensure even distribution of any separated material.
- Do not store new and used paste in the same container, and reseal any opened containers while not in use.
- Replace the internal plug and cap of the 500 gram jars to ensure the best possible seal.
Test Data Summary:
Canada +1-514-494-2000 · USA +1-401-463-5605 · Mexico +52-656-630-0032 · Europe +44-1737-222-258
Asia-Pacific +86-755-2993-6487 · India +91-80-41554753 · firstname.lastname@example.org · www.aimsolder.com
AIM IS ISO9001:2008 CERTIFIED